- 1.5 m of 60"/ 150cm wide fabric or 3 m of 45"/ 115cm wide fabric
- 3m of Â½" wide cording
- Decorative Thread (I used Halo serger thread)
- Thread to match
- If fabric is 60" wide: Cut fabric in half down the center lengthwise (so you have 2 panels 30" x 1.5m). Stitch the two panels together so you have one long piece â€“ 30" x 3 m. If fabric is 45" wide: Trim fabric down to 30" wide.
- If you are using a Serger, set it up for a 2 thread or 3 thread rolled edge (Refer to Owner's Manual for Set-up). For the 2 thread rolled edge, the decorative thread goes in the Lower Looper. For the 3 thread rolled edge, the decorative thread goes in the Upper Looper. Roll hem around all four sides of the panel. If you do not have a Serger, fold and press Â¼" along all sides, then fold and press Â¼" again along all sides. Stitch in place.
- For casing, fold and press down 4" along the top edge of the panel. Stitch the first seam line 3 Â½" from the fold, then stitch a second seam line 2 Â½" from the fold.
- Insert cord into casing. Knot ends of cords.
- Pull cord to adjust the gathers on your tree skirt.